Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! Very definitely yes! E-quip Africa is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization.
Our federal EIN is: 20-689120
We are listed with GuideStar
There are two possibilities, both of which could be discussed by email or phone.
The first option if the items are small enough, would be to send them to E-quip Africa, P. O. Box 3178, Willmar, MN 56201-8178. If the items are larger and you would need a physical address for shipping, please call (320) 894-1680 or click Contact Us.
The second option would be for you to ship your donations directly to a school or NGO in Africa. We have several organizations who are always needing equipment and supplies. Please call for more information.
Naturally educational curriculum in Ghana differs from other parts of the world, but it retains common elements found in all English speaking countries. When donating books, learning tools and reference materials, please be mindful of their value in K-12 education.
Newer copyrights are preferred for:
- Good educational literature in the English language
- Elementary reading texts
- Children's books
- Dictionaries in print and CD format
- Encyclopedia in CD format with 2005 or newer copyright
- Inflatable globes & pertinent wall maps
We accept personal computers from individuals which are accompanied by a cash donation of $35.00 USD and meet the following standards:
- In good working order and attractive appearance
- Machines need to accept universal voltage (120 to 240 volts AC)
- Pentium 3 processing or higher
- Hard drives at or above 10 gb
- 256mb RAM minimum
- At this time we are unable to accept printers or scanners
E-quip Africa will wipe information and reformat all hard drives. Upon special request we will use software conforming to the U.S. Department of Defense clearing and sanitizing standard DOD 5220.22-M obtained from the publishers of Active At Killdisk which precludes the extraction of any information regardless of system.
Please contact us concerning multiple donations from corporations or other nonprofits.